Our current openings
- As a backend developer, you know how to build APIs and microservices in C# .NET 6.0.
- You understand how to work with Entity Framework and are able to write custom database migrations.
- You understand the core concepts of database indexes and sharding and what impact these concepts have on your application code. You are familiar with Docker.
- When exposing a service and/or endpoint to the outside world, you always think explicitly about the security scope of the exposure.
- You possess the qualities to oversee an overall picture and to think and advise on architecture.
- Not a hard requirement, but it would be nice if you have some knowledge of frontend (e.g. Flutter or Angular), allowing you to help your teammates if necessary.
As Givt we’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to help us build great products that establish the product/market fit of our giving solution in the U.S. In that role, you’ll be responsible for the interface between continuous customer discovery and continuous product delivery.
There is a lot about the role you’ll need to fill in yourself, but what we do know is:
- We expect you to be an awesome communicator, constantly communicating with the development teams, the customers and other stakeholders about the product you’re excited to be building
- We expect you to be able to strategize on product development so that you help us find our U.S. product/market-fit.
- We expect you to guide our development teams in designing, collecting and interpreting user feedback. Data, data, data baby!
- We expect you to be able to and dare to make tough decisions in a complex, unknown and constantly changing environment.
- We expect you to defend the client’s product needs in the rest of the organization, so the more you’re familiar with charitable giving, children’s/educational apps and non-profit organizations, the better.
- To work closely with the European dev teams, regular travel may be required.
- To execute this role well, we think it is indispensable to have prior experience in a startup environment (or similar) with responsibility for the full product development cycle.
- We expect leadership in all of this within our flat, open and flexible organizational culture, where you can question and be questioned from many sides and can’t just boss people around.
We are Givt
We are building the future of giving: a global giving standard. With the Givt app, you can give to charities and churches easily and quickly. We are a team of specialists, spread over the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, the United Kingdom and recently even the United States. We are all involved in the development and improvement of Givt.
Unique product, unique work environment
Givt’s culture is one of transparency, involvement, self-organisation and self-management. You’re expected to make mistakes, but also own them. Both the successes and the mistakes are also owned by the team. The more you communicate about your personal vision for Givt, the more it’s possible to feel connected to the mission. Leaders at Givt are trained to help you communicate your needs whether you’re in a positive co-working vibe or in a conflict.
How we organise work
At Givt, we rely on your willingness to share your thoughts around work priorities and what you think about your work. You participate in the daily stand-up with full transparency and rely on the Scrum Master in your team to help you resolve impediments. You’re eager to pull information from the Product Owner or the end user to understand how their expectations impact your work. Aside from the bi-weekly Sprint Planning and Review ceremonies, there are Product Increment Planning ceremonies where we set goals for the upcoming 6 sprints. In the PI Planning you become part of a team that focuses on one PI goal.
The benefits of working at Givt
Besides a great opportunity to define your own contribution and you also influence circumstances in how you want to make that contribution. We’ll provide a competitive salary that you’re happy with and take care of all the securities of health, pensions and insurance. Your life dictates your working rhythms and there are no set rules on working hours and time-off. The key determinant is what works best for the team and yourself, works best for Givt.
How Givt is built
Take a look at what we’ve built so far:
What a Givt developer will use:
Check out in this video where we came from, what we want and our next steps are ->
Who are you?
Now you have an idea who we are, but who are you? Let’s meet and discover if you are the talent we are missing right know. Fill in the form at the bottom of the page and let’s meet up!