Last modified: 5/31/23
In addition to its standard Givt application that facilitates donations, Givt offers Givt4kids (the “Application”), a specific application through which younger users can direct donations. The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 and its rules (collectively, “COPPA”) require Givt to inform parents and legal guardians (as used in this policy, “parents”) of our practices for collecting, using, and disclosing personal information from children under the age of 13 (“children”). It also requires us to obtain verifiable consent from a child’s parent for certain collection, use, and disclosure of the child’s personal information on the Application.
This policy notifies parents of:
• The types of information we may collect from children.
• How we use the information we collect.
• Our practices for disclosing that information.
• Our practices for notifying and obtaining parents’ consent when we collect personal information from children, including how a parent may revoke consent.
• That we are the operator that collects and maintains information from children through this Application.
Information We Collect from Children
We only collect as much information about a child as is reasonably necessary for the child to participate in an activity, and we do not condition his or her participation on the disclosure of more personal information than is reasonably necessary.
Information We Collect Directly
We may request information from your child, but this information is optional. We specify whether information is required or optional when we request it. For example, if a child chooses to provide it, we collect information about the child’s choices and preferences, the child’s donation choices, and any good deeds that the child records.
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking
We use technology to automatically collect information from our users, including children, when they access and navigate through the Application and use certain of its features. The information we collect through these technologies may include:
• One or more persistent identifiers that can be used to recognize a user over time and across different websites and online services, such as IP address and unique identifiers (e.g. MAC address and UUID); and,
• Information that identifies a device’s location (geolocation information).
We also may combine non-personal information we collect through these technologies with personal information about you or your child that we collect online.
How We Use Your Child’s Information
We use the personal information we collect from your child to:
• Facilitate donations that your child chooses;
• Communicate with him or her about activities or features of the Application,;
• Customize the content presented to a child using the Application;
• Recommend donation opportunities that may be of interest to your child; and,
• Track his or her use of the Application.
We use the information we collect automatically through technology (see Automatic Information Collection and Tracking) and other non-personal information we collect to improve our Application and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about the child’s preferences, allowing us to customize the content according to individual interests.
We use geolocation information we collect to determine whether the user is in a location where it’s possible to use the Application for donating.
Our Practices for Disclosing Children’s Information
We may disclose aggregated information about many of our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device. In addition, we may disclose children’s personal information:
- To third parties we use to support the internal operations of our Application.
- If we are required to do so by law or legal process, such as to comply with any court order or subpoena or to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Givt, our customers or others, including to:
-protect the safety of a child;
-protect the safety and security of the Application; or
-enable us to take precautions against liability.
- To law enforcement agencies or for an investigation related to public safety.
If Givt is involved in a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Givt’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding or event, we may transfer the personal information we have collected or maintain to the buyer or other successor.
The Application allows parents to view information about their child’s donation activities and any good deeds that the child records, and parents may provide certain responses to this information.
Accessing and Correcting Your Child’s Personal Information
At any time, you may review the child’s personal information maintained by us, require us to correct or delete the personal information, and/or refuse to permit us from further collecting or using the child’s information.
You can review, change, or delete your child’s personal information by:
- Logging into your account and accessing the profile page relating to your child.
- Sending us an email at [email protected]. To protect your and your child’s privacy and security, we may require you to take certain steps or provide additional information to verify your identity before we provide any information or make corrections.
Operators That Collect or Maintain Information from Children
Givt Inc. is the operator that collects and maintains personal information from children through the Application. Givt can be contacted at [email protected], by mail at 3343 Peachtree Rd NE 145-1032, Atlanta, GA 30326, or by phone at 404-999-7024.